Baked or fried, both versions of these fun fritters are delicious, and of course nutritious. With their yummy warm flavor profile they are the perfect cold weather snack you can feel good about.
- 1 pouch Cerebelly Carrot Chickpea
- 15oz can chickpeas, strained
- 1 medium carrot, grated (about ½ cup)
- ¼ cup flat leaved parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ⅓ cup whole wheat flour
- Oil for frying
- Place chickpeas, carrots, parsley, garlic, salt, cumin and coriander in a food processor or high speed blender. Pulse until combined but still chunky.
- Add the Cerebelly Carrot Chickpea Pouch and flour. Pulse a few times until a dough has formed. Add a little more flour if the dough seems wet.
- Shape approximately 14 small patties between the palms of your hands, press gently to flatten.
- Pan fry in oil for 3 minutes on each side or bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Serve with tzatziki and/or hummus.