These flavorful and ridiculously easy quesadillas go the extra mile by sneaking in a healthy dose of iron, folate, iodine and zinc for the whole family. Keep these small so that the kids can easily snack on them—no utensils required!
- 1 pouch Black Bean Sweet Potato
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp oregano
- Salt to taste
- Shredded white cheese
- Your favorite tortillas
- Lime wedges for serving
- Sour Cream for serving
- Stir together black bean pouch, cumin, oregano and salt.
- Spread the mixture evenly on one tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese and your other favorite filling items of choice then close with another tortilla.
- Heat a frying pan or a griddle to medium heat. Fry the quesadilla on dry pan for 2 minutes on each side or until slightly crisp and browned and the cheese has melted.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, radishes and lime wedges.
Try adding some extras to your filling, like chopped cilantro, black beans, caramelized onions, shredded chicken, pulled pork…basically whatever you have in your fridge!